Child Injury Attorneys in Eau Claire
Running on playgrounds, biking around the neighborhood or playing with friends, accidents can happen at any time when you have kids, but just because they’re children doesn’t mean they’re not entitled to compensation for their injuries. At GCW Lawyers, we know that your little one is your everything, that’s why we’ll fight to get your family the justice you deserve. We’ll help you manage the legal details that go into your case and help you through the process so you can focus on your child’s recovery.
Under Wisconsin law, if a child has been injured they may be entitled to compensation for:
- Past and future pain and suffering, disability, and/or disfigurement.
- Loss of earning capacity.
- Any healthcare treatment and medication expenses after age 18.
Possible compensation for the parent includes:
- Past and future medical bills for treatment of the child's injuries until the child reaches adulthood.
- Out of pocket expenses related to the child's injury including prescriptions, co-pays, deductibles, and over-the-counter medications.
- Mileage to and from the child's health care appointments.
- Loss of society and companionship.
- Loss of services and other contributions by the child to the household.