Injuries to Children Attorneys in Eau Claire
Children can be injured just as easily as adults. They can be hurt when they are not being properly supervised by a caregiver, when machines they are around malfunction, when people are careless of their safety, and in car accidents. Like adults, children are entitled to compensation for their injuries.
Under Wisconsin law, when a child has been injured, possible compensation for the child includes:
- Past and future pain and suffering, disability, and/or disfigurement
- Loss of earning capacity
Possible compensation for the parent includes:
- Past and future medical bills for treatment of the child's injuries until the child reaches adulthood
- Out of pocket expenses related to the child's injury including prescriptions, co-pays, deductibles, over-the-counter medications like Advil® or Tylenol®, braces, hot or cold packs, etc.
- Mileage to and from the child's health care appointments
- Loss of society and companionship