Victims of sexual assault often wonder how they can get their life back. The physical and psychological damage can be traumatic and understanding your legal options can be overwhelming. Most victims don’t even realize that they can file a civil lawsuit against their attacker. While the criminal justice system punishes perpetrators, the civil justice system helps victims recover. A civil suit can provide compensation, hold negligent parties accountable, and provide options not available in a criminal court.
GCW Lawyers can help you navigate your legal options. We’ll meet you for a free consultation, listen to your story, and advise you on what to do. You can sue your attacker for:
- False imprisonment
- Intentional infliction of emotional distress
- Negligent infliction of emotional distress
- Invasion of privacy
- Defamation, which includes libel and slander
- Violation of stalking statutes or aggravated stalking statutes
- Negligent transmission of a sexually transmitted disease
- Wrongful death
We can’t erase what happened, but we can help you begin your recovery. Contact our firm to schedule your free, confidential consultation today.