Wrongful Death Attorneys in Eau Claire
The unexpected death of a loved one is devastating to a family. Getting through the days and weeks to follow can be very difficult and emotional for everyone involved. If your loved one dies in an accident caused by another person’s negligence, you and your family may be entitled to compensation for the accident.
Wrongful death survivors may be entitled to recover financial losses for:
- Medical expenses incurred before the deceased died
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Lost income
- The cost of replacing lost services (cleaning, home maintenance, car repair, child care, etc.)
Further, if the deceased person did not die immediately and suffered before death, the person's estate is entitled to compensation for that suffering.
GCW Lawyers is dedicated to fighting for what’s right and our passionate attorneys will help your family get through this difficult time by handling the complexities of the suit. When it comes to who can bring about a wrongful death suit, by law, the spouse of a deceased person is allowed to sue for their husband or wife's wrongful death. If the deceased person has no spouse, the deceased person's children or grandchildren may make a claim. If the deceased has no spouse, children or grandchildren, the deceased person's brother or sister may bring a wrongful death suit. Contact our Eau Claire office today to learn more.
Wrongful Death Case Results
- $5.3 million to the widow of a construction worker killed by an elevator in a construction accident
- $1.4 million to the family of an injured construction worker when a building collapsed on him
- $1.22 million to a widow for the death of her husband in a car / truck accident
- $1.1 million judicial award to the surviving spouse and children of a man who died as a result of the failure to diagnose esophageal cancer
- $950,000 to the family of a man shot and killed by a police officer
- $600,000 to a widow whose husband died as the result of the failure to diagnose kidney cancer
- $600,000 to the family of a young woman who died as a result of failed intubation after a ski accident
- Significant confidential settlement for the family of a 12 year old girl who died of carbon monoxide poisoning in her sleep as a result of a defective indoor pool heater
- $1.3 million dollar settlement for the family of a businessman killed in an auto accident
- $1 million dollar settlement for the family of a woman killed as a result of medical malpractice
- See more case results