Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Madison
GCW is experienced in litigating medical malpractice cases. One of the most important and difficult tasks is to help individuals determine at the outset whether or not malpractice has occurred.
Our attorneys can help investigate whether someone has been injured as a result of the negligence or misconduct of individuals in the medical and health care professions. If significant harm has resulted from the negligence of a doctor or other health care provider, our firm is well equipped to litigate the case in order to maximize the compensation the injured person is entitled to receive.
Physicians, surgeons, medical technicians, nurses, and other health care professionals owe a duty to their patients that is based on a recognized standard of care. Medical malpractice claims typically involve the negligent breach of the applicable standard of care and often involve negligent treatment or the failure to diagnose existing injuries or conditions that result in serious injuries, illness, disease, or suffering that may could have been avoided or prevented.
Medical malpractice claims can involve serious injuries at all levels of the health care spectrum, from birth injuries and defects to heart attacks or elderly abuse. Our firm can help clients determine whether or not medical malpractice has occurred when you or someone you love is injured as a result of the negligence or misconduct of individuals in the medical field.
Types of Medical Malpractice Cases
Medical Malpractice Case Results
- $2.9 million awarded by a jury to the parents of a newborn infant who was injured during birth
- $2.1 million jury verdict in a medical malpractice case involving compartment syndrome
- $1.1 million judicial award to the surviving spouse and children of a man who died as a result of the failure to diagnose esophageal cancer
- $650,000 to a woman whose bowel was perforated during a colonoscopy
- $600,000 to a minor boy who lost partial use of his hand as a result of the failure to diagnose compartment syndrome after surgery for a broken arm
- $600,000 to a widow whose husband died as the result of the failure to diagnose kidney cancer
- $600,000 to the family of a young woman who died as a result of failed intubation after a ski accident
- $1 million dollar settlement for the family of a woman killed as a result of medical malpractice
- $2.78 million dollar settlement as co-counsel for a child permanently disabled at birth due to medical malpractice
- $6.2 million settlement as co-counsel for a woman permanently paralyzed as a result of medical malpractice
- See more case results