Personal Injury Lawyers in Madison
If you or a loved one have been injured, or if your family has lost a loved one as a result of the negligent or intentional misconduct of someone else, our personal injury lawyers in Madison will let you focus on your recovery, while we handle the rest. We will deal with the insurance companies so you do not have to. Call us today at 888-357-7661 so we can start helping you now.
We will help you recover your lost wages and your medical bills plus get you the fair compensation you deserve for the pain, suffering and annoyance that the accident has caused.
No one ever thinks that a bad thing will happen to them. If something has happened to you, a friend or family member, call our personal injury lawyers now, so we can help – 888-357-7661.
Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Nursing Home Neglect
- Wrongful Death
- Sexual Assault
Personal Injury FAQ
- When Should I call a personal injury lawyer?If you have been injured, it makes sense to call a personal injury lawyer to find out what rights you may have. If you believe that your injury has been caused by another person or company, you may have a right to recover compensation for the injury. Although car accidents account for many personal injury claims, many other types of preventable accidents produce injuries that deserve compensation. Examples are: falls caused by snow, ice or a defect in a walkway or stair, work-place injuries caused by defective equipment or unsafe work practices, household injuries caused by defective consumer products, fires and electrical injuries, medical errors and defective medical products such as hip replacements and mesh implants, and sexual assaults. If you have any question about your potential rights following an injury, a call to a personal injury lawyer is essential.
- When do I pay a personal injury lawyer?Some personal injury law firms, such as GCW, do not charge for an initial consultation whether by email, phone, in-person or both. After the initial consultation, the next step is often an investigation of the claim and, most firms do not charge to investigate a possible claim. After a personal injury law firm has decided to bring your claim, the firm will most often work on a contingency basis. This means that there is only a fee due the law firm if the claim is successful in obtaining compensation. If there is no recovery of compensation, there is no fee. The fee is typically a percentage of the amount of the compensation obtained. The percentage can vary by the type of claim. In addition to fees, prosecution of personal injury claims requires a law firm to spend money for investigation, court fees, transcripts and obtaining records. Most often the law firm pays these costs to be repaid by the client when the claim is resolved whether by a settlement or jury verdict. Wisconsin requires that the fee and repayment of out-of-pocket expenses be agreed upon in a written fee agreement signed both by the client and law firm.
- What should I bring with me to my meeting with personal injury lawyer?You should bring all documents in your possession that are related to your injury. For example, with respect to auto accidents, you should bring a copy of the police or incident report, a copy of your automobile insurance declaration page, photographs of your automobile, photographs of your injuries, copies of medical records for treatment related to the accident, correspondence from the insurance companies, estimates and repair records and receipts for your automobile, receipts for towing and car rental, wage loss information and your health insurance card. During your meeting, we will make photocopies of all of your documents so that you can retain a copy for your records. We will also provide you with checklists for any other information that we may need from you.
Personal Injury Case Results
- $5.3 million to the widow of a construction worker killed by an elevator in a construction accident
- $3.75 million to a developmentally disabled man who was rendered a paraplegic in a van / semi accident
- $2.5 million to a man was injured by a defective shotgun
- $1.975 million settlement in multiple product liability cases involving defective metal-on-metal hip implants
- $1.4 million to the family of an injured construction worker when a building collapsed on him
- $1.22 million to a widow for the death of her husband in a car / truck accident
- $950,000 to the family of a man shot and killed by a police officer
- $750,000 to a law enforcement officer and his family in a negligent entrustment case resulting in severe injuries to the officer
- $575,000 to a Madison man in a product liability case involving the failure of a hip implant
- $540,000 settlement in a fireplace burn case
- $500,000 to a painter who suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury in a rear-end car accident with a semi
- $500,000 settlement in a car accident that caused thoracic outlet syndrome
- $165,000 settlement in a water slide accident
- $150,000 to an elderly pedestrian who was run over in parking lot
- $135,000 settlement in a bike / car accident
- See more case results