Sexual assault is one of the most underreported crimes in America. 15% of victims who did not report a sexual assault to the police explained that it was because they did not believe the police could or would do anything to help. However, the criminal justice system is not the only way for victims to find justice. Civil lawsuits can provide additional options for holding the perpetrator accountable. They can also provide compensation for the physical and psychological damage caused by the assault.
The attorneys at GCW can help you seek justice through the civil court system. We’ll meet with you, listen to your story, and find the best course of action for you. Legal options could include suing for:
- False imprisonment
- Intentional infliction of emotional distress
- Negligent infliction of emotional distress
- Invasion of privacy
- Defamation, which includes libel and slander
- Violation of stalking statutes or aggravated stalking statutes
- Negligent transmission of a sexually transmitted disease
- Wrongful death
It all begins with a confidential, free, no-commitment consultation. Contact us for a free consultation.