Workers compensation lawyers in Madison

What should I do if I've been injured on the job?

If you’ve been hurt in the workplace, you should immediately report your injury to your supervisor or manager. If you delay reporting the injury, it can raise questions about the legitimacy of your claim. This can delay or even prevent you from being paid your workers compensation benefits.

You should also document any bills and expenses related to your injury so that you can be compensated for them.

What kind of compensation am I entitled to?

By law, employees injured on the job may be entitled to:

  • Payment of all medical bills related to treatment of work injury
  • Payment for medication expenses
  • If you are unable to work for more than 3 days following your injury, payment of temporary disability benefits for the time you are unable to work. While you are recovering from your injuries, temporary disability benefits will amount to approximately 2/3 of your normal wage.
  • Temporary partial disability benefits for any period when you are able to go back to work but not on a full-time basis. These are a proportionate percentage of the temporary disability benefit.
  • Reimbursement for your mileage to and from treatment appointments.
  • Compensation, according to the formula set out in the Wisconsin Administrative Code and Statutes, for any permanent disability identified by your doctor
  • Other benefits also may be available.

Workers Compensation Case Results

  • $1.85 million settlement for a man whose arm was severely injured when it became entangled in a machine at work.
  • Successfully argued before the Wisconsin Supreme Court for worker's compensation benefits for those employed in sheltered employment settings.
  • See more case results

If you or a loved one has been injured on the job, contact the lawyers at Gingras, Cates, & Wachs to find out how we can help.

Contact Us