Protecting Your Constitutional Freedoms
Our government is meant to protect us, our rights, and our freedoms. But sometimes, police officers or other government officials betray those ideals. When they do, it’s important to hold them accountable.
If you have been arrested without probable cause, or if the arresting officer used excessive force, your civil rights have been violated. If you exercise your right to speak about issues of public concern, the government cannot retaliate against you.
At Gingras, Cates and Wachs, we have a long and successful history helping people just like you. If your civil rights were violated, contact our Milwaukee office and get the justice you deserve.
Civil Rights Case Results
- $1.0 million jury verdict to a woman who suffered sexual / gender discrimination
- $950,000 to the family of a man shot and killed by a police officer
- $800,000 to a woman victimized by sexual harassment at her job
- $500,000 to a minor girl in a Title IX sexual harassment case in which her teacher had non-consensual sexual relations with her
- $450,000 to a private citizen in a First Amendment / whistle blower case against a county government
- $235,000 to a man subjected to racial discrimination
- See more case results