Bike Accident Attorneys in Milwaukee
Biking throughout Milwaukee is more than just a hobby, it’s a mode of transportation for many. Throughout the city, bicyclists must share the road with much larger vehicles, including cars and trucks. When an injury occurs, they can also have a lifelong effect on the victim's body and also a substantial financial impact on a victim’s life.
Major Risk Factors for Bicycle Accidents
While there are many different causes of bicycle accidents, these collisions do have some factors in common. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s Center for Statistics and Analysis, the following are some of the most significant risk factors relating to bicycle accidents:
- Adult males are at highest risk for suffering fatal injuries resulting from bicycle accidents. Males over age 20 represent the majority of bicycle accident fatalities.
- Bicyclists who use alcohol before riding their bikes are increasing the risk of being involved in a crash. In approximately 20% of all fatal bicycle accidents, alcohol use above the legal limit was involved in the crash.
- Bicyclists who fail to wear helmets increase their risk of suffering brain injuries, which represent a high number of overall cycling fatalities. In 2013, two-thirds of cycling fatalities were caused by head injuries. In addition, 63% of bicycle accident fatalities involved riders who were not wearing helmets.
- Riding a bicycle during summer, at night, in urban areas, and on major roads other than interstates and freeways increases your odds of a crash. In 2013, statistics show that the most cycling fatalities occurred in the month of June, between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m.
Understanding your rights as a bicyclist is important in getting you the justice you deserve. If you’ve been injured in a biking accident, GCW attorneys can help. Our attorneys will fight for you and ensure a smooth process to get you the outcome you’re looking for. Connect with our team of attorneys in Milwaukee today.
Bike Accident Case Results
- $135,000 settlement in a bike / car accident
- See more case results