Dog Bite Attorneys in Milwaukee
Dogs are man’s best friend, but that isn’t always the case. Sometimes dogs or other animals can get aggressive and attack their owners or strangers. When a dog bites you or jumps on you and forces you to the ground, it can be scary and dangerous for you and your family.
By law, owners are required to be aware of their animal's natural traits and habits and to make sure other people are fully protected from any potential dangerous behavior by them. If the owner of an animal doesn't keep the animal under control, and it injures you, you may be entitled to compensation.
Under Wisconsin law, when you've been injured by someone else's animal, you may be entitled to:
- Past and future medical bills for treatment of your injuries (including counseling, if necessary as a result of the attack).
- Out of pocket expenses related to the injury including prescriptions, co-pays, deductibles, over-the-counter medications like Advil® or Tylenol®, braces, hot or cold packs, etc.
- Your mileage to and from your health care appointments.
- Your lost wages (both past lost wages and wages you will lose in the future because of disabilities or the need to seek medical care).
- Your past and future pain and suffering, disability, and/or disfigurement.
If you’ve been injured by a dog bite or animal attack, contact GCW Lawyers Milwaukee office to learn more about your rights and getting a fair result. Our team of experienced attorneys is dedicated to helping you get the compensation you deserve.