Nursing Home Neglect Attorneys in Milwaukee, WI
If you have family or loved ones residing at an assisted living facility or nursing home, your expectation is that they will be properly cared for, and treated with respect and dignity. It is an unfortunate fact, however, that in the U.S. negligent care and abuse of residents in a nursing facility is a huge problem, and one that has yet to be addressed in an effective manner.
While laws at both the state and Federal level are in place to protect the elderly Wisconsin residents of nursing facilities, some of society’s most vulnerable are victimized every single day.
Common Warning Signs of Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse
With the prevalence of neglect and abuse in America’s nursing homes, it is important for family members of nursing home residents to be on the lookout for signs of problems, including things like:
- Rapid weight loss
- Unexplained bruises and other injuries
- The development of bedsores
- Falls, especially if they become more than an isolated incident
- Sudden agitation or emotional withdrawal
- Unusual depression or lack of interests in activities they previously enjoyed
- Staff substituting strong medications or sedatives for supervision
- Caretakers being unable to provide a satisfactory explanation for a patient’s condition
Nursing home residents have the right to adequate care that, at a minimum, meets their basic physical and psychological needs. If you or someone you love has suffered any abuse or neglect in a nursing home, then contact Gingras, Cates & Wachs in Milwaukee at 414-778-0700 or toll-free at 888-357-7661.