Workers Compensation Attorneys in Milwaukee
Accidents at work are unexpected, but life-altering. If you get injured on the job you don’t expect that you’ll be out of work for months or undergoing treatment for your injury. Medications and treatments can add up, and if you’re not working it can feel overwhelming. Our Milwaukee attorneys have the knowledge and expertise to get you a fair result.
GCW Lawyers has worked on workers compensation cases for decades and know that time and documentation are two things that will get you the outcome owed to you. The sooner you report a workplace injury to a supervisor the quicker we can verify your injury for compensation. Don’t wait when it comes to workers compensation, contact our team today to get started with a free consultation.
Under Wisconsin law, people injured on the job may be entitled to the following workers compensation benefits:
- Payment of all medical bills related to treatment of work injury
- Payment for medication expenses
- If you are unable to work for more than 3 days following your injury, payment of temporary disability benefits for the time you are unable to work. While you are recovering from your injuries, temporary disability benefits will amount to approximately 2/3 of your normal wage.
- Temporary partial disability benefits for any period when you are able to go back to work but not on a full-time basis. These are a proportionate percentage of the temporary disability benefit.
- Reimbursement for your mileage to and from treatment appointments.
- Compensation, according to the formula set out in the Wisconsin Administrative Code and Statutes, for any permanent disability identified by your doctor
Workers compensation law suits can be very complex. The lawyers at Gingras, Cates & Wachs want to assist you in understanding the legal process and guide you to make the best decisions when it comes to insurance companies.
Workers Compensation Case Results
- $1.85 million settlement for a man whose arm was severely injured when it became entangled in a machine at work.
- Successfully argued before the Wisconsin Supreme Court for worker's compensation benefits for those employed in sheltered employment settings.
- See more case results
Our attorneys are experienced in a variety of workers compensation cases and want to help you get the settlement you are entitled to. Contact our Milwaukee office to receive a free consultation at 414-778-0700 or toll free at 888-357-7661.