9 Causes of Tractor Farm Accident Injuries
Depending on the type of tractor accident that occurs, there are several potential causes. The following are common causes of tractor rollover accidents:
- Improper hitching
- Traveling up an incline that is too steep for the tractor to handle
- Going too fast into a turn
- Driving over holes in the fields
- Driving too close to a ditch
- Improper ballasting
Another type of tractor accident involves a tractor running someone over. Common causes of this type of tractor accident include the following:
- An extra rider in the tractor who falls off
- A bystander is not seen by the driver of the tractor
- Bypass starting, which is the process of starting the tractor while still on the ground by bypassing the tractor’s normal starting system. If the tractor is in gear when someone attempts to bypass-start, it could run the victim over.
If you were injured in a farm tractor accident, you are likely experiencing significant financial, physical, and emotional harm. You may be entitled to compensation for your losses. For assistance pursuing a claim, we encourage you to contact our experienced farming accident lawyers today at 877-959-2760.