Wisconsin Civil Rights Attorneys
We rely on the government to work for our best interest every day, but sometimes the people representing the government prove unworthy of their authority. If you have been mistreated by the police or other government officials, our firm may be able to help.
Some of the cases we see are those in which police officers use excessive force in completing an arrest, or arrest someone without probable cause. Both actions are a violation to the civil rights of the person in question.
GCW has a long and successful history of helping people who have been wronged by the government to recover damages for the injuries and emotional harm suffered due to governmental misconduct. If you have experienced one of these scenarios, or have suffered through another situation which you believe was a violation of your individual civil rights, call Gingras, Cates, and Wachs to get help winning the justice you deserve.
Civil Rights Case Results
- $1.0 million jury verdict to a woman who suffered sexual / gender discrimination
- $950,000 to the family of a man shot and killed by a police officer
- $800,000 to a woman victimized by sexual harassment at her job
- $500,000 to a minor girl in a Title IX sexual harassment case in which her teacher had non-consensual sexual relations with her
- $475,000 to a woman victimized by sexual harassment by a Dane County Sheriff
- $450,000 to a private citizen in a First Amendment / whistle blower case against a county government
- $235,000 to a man subjected to racial discrimination
- See more case results