Over 110,000 people in Wisconsin are involved in car collisions annually, according to the U.S. Department of Transportation. These crashes result in an average of 40,000 severe injuries and 600 tragic deaths every year. The causes are vary, but more and more crashes are caused by distracted driving.
After a car accident, your primary focus should be on recovering from your injuries. GCW is experienced in handling car and truck accident cases from minor, low impact collisions, to major, catastrophic damages. We know the stress traumatic event can cause and that it’s your life on the line. Our team is dedicated to helping you with insurance companies, medical bills and ensuring you get the compensation you deserve.
If you or someone you love has been involved in a car accident, contact the car accident attorneys at GCW Lawyers for a free consultation.
We bring the fight and we are ready for battle.
- Madison: 608-833-2632 or toll-free at 888-357-7661
- Milwaukee: 414-778-0700 or toll free at 888-357-7661
- Eau Claire: 715-839-9500 or toll free at 888-357-7661
Car Accident FAQ
I was involved in a car accident, what should I do?
2) Next, you should open a claim with your auto insurance carrier and the other driver’s insurance carrier. If the other driver’s insurance company calls, which they will, wanting a statement—do not give them one. You are not obligated to. If you have been injured, first seek the representation of an attorney before ever providing a statement to the other person’s insurance company.
3) Finally, call Gingras, Cates & Wachs for a free, no risk case consultation.
Will the person who caused my car accident injury be punished?
What is negligence when it comes to car accidents?
What if a person dies from car accident injuries before bringing a lawsuit?
Do I still have a claim if my health insurance paid my medical bills?
Do I have the right to bring a lawsuit after a Wisconsin car accident?
- You are the parent or legal guardian of a child. If you have legal custody of a child under age 18, then you may be able to pursue a lawsuit on behalf of your child to get your child fair and just compensation for his or her injuries.
- Your loved one died in the accident. If your spouse is tragically killed in an accident, then you have the right to bring a claim for the loss of your spouse. In addition, unless a will or other legal document dictates otherwise, you can also bring a claim on behalf of your deceased spouse’s estate for funeral and burial expenses as well as for any conscious pain and suffering that they endured. Juggling everything after someone has been killed can be overwhelming and the lawyers at GCW can help get you through the tough times.
Car Accident Case Results
- $3.75 million to a developmentally disabled man who was rendered a paraplegic in a van / semi accident
- $1.22 million to a widow for the death of her husband in a car / truck accident
- $750,000 to a law enforcement officer and his family in a negligent entrustment case resulting in severe injuries to the officer
- $500,000 to a painter who suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury in a rear-end car accident with a semi
- $500,000 settlement in a car accident that caused thoracic outlet syndrome
- $135,000 settlement in a bike / car accident
- $1.3 million dollar settlement for the family of a businessman killed in an auto accident
- $1.1 million dollar settlement for a client badly injured by a drunk driver
- $1.3 million dollar settlement for a couple injured in a trucking accident
- See more case results