Our Lawyers Will Help You Rebuild After a Wisconsin Farming Accident
Wisconsin is home to farms of many types, and farming has always been a part of the state heritage. As the tools of farming have increased farm efficiency over the years, they have also increased the risks inherent in the trade. Farm machinery, like all heavy machinery, can be extremely dangerous if not properly designed, manufactured, and maintained. According to the National Safety Center, farming is one of the three most dangerous occupations in the country.
Malfunctioning farm machinery can badly injure people by causing serious burns, broken bones, or loss of limbs. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, tractor accidents account for 44% of all farming accidents. Hazardous chemicals, such as pesticides and fertilizers, are also common causes of injury. If you or someone you love has been injured in a Wisconsin farming accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries.
GCW Lawyers Protect the Rights of Wisconsin Farm Workers
Under Wisconsin law, when you've been injured in a farm accident, you may be entitled to be paid for:
- Past and future medical bills for treatment of your injuries
- Out-of-pocket expenses related to the accident including prescriptions, co-pays, and deductibles
- Mileage to and from health care appointments
- Lost wages (both past lost wages and wages you will lose in the future because of disabilities or the need to seek medical care)
- Past and future pain and suffering, disability, and/or disfigurement
The lawyers at GCW will work on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve so you can recover from your farm accident injury. We will explain to you every step in the process and answer any questions you may have. All consultations are free. To talk to an attorney in one of our offices call us today.