Workers Compensation Attorneys in Wisconsin
When injured on the job, it is crucial that you immediately report your injury to a supervisor or manager. Any delay in reporting an injury can lead to an inquiry of whether or not you were in fact hurt while on the job, and will subsequently delay the payment of workers compensation benefits. In some cases, when workers have delayed too long in revealing an on the job injury, employers have been able to avoid paying workers compensation benefits altogether.
Once the injury has been reported, your employer is required by law to complete and send the necessary paperwork to the workers compensation insurance company. The insurance company will then investigate your claim and begin paying benefits within 30 days. These investigations often include asking you about your condition, reviewing your medical records, and even speaking with your doctor.
Under Wisconsin Law, People Injured on the Job May Be Entitled to:
- Payment of all medical bills related to treatment of work injury
- Payment for medication expenses
- Payment of temporary disability benefits for the time you are unable to work. While you are recovering from your injuries, temporary disability benefits will amount to approximately 2/3 of your normal wage
- Temporary partial disability benefits for any period when you can go back to work but not on a full-time basis. These are a proportionate percentage of the temporary disability benefit
- Reimbursement for your mileage to and from treatment appointments
- Compensation, per the formula set out in the Wisconsin Administrative Code and Statutes, for any permanent disability identified by your doctor.
Hire a Lawyer Who Thoroughly Know Wisconsin Workers Compensation Law.
The lawyers at GCW have been practicing Wisconsin workers compensation for decades. Our attorneys understand the intricacies of this type of law and work hard to get our clients fair results in worker’s compensation cases, and we have years of experience dealing with insurance companies.
Workers Compensation Case Results
- $1.85 million settlement for a man whose arm was severely injured when it became entangled in a machine at work.
- Successfully argued before the Wisconsin Supreme Court for worker's compensation benefits for those employed in sheltered employment settings.
- See more case results